Did you know that early spring is one of the best times of the year for homeowners to list their properties for sale? It’s true! Research from Zillow has found that homes listed for sale in early May sell for more than their neighbors listed at different times of the year and spend less time up on the market. If you’re looking to sell your property this spring, now is the perfect time to start preparing your home to show to buyers. In fact, use these five quick tips to start getting your property ready for the rapidly-approaching spring selling season!
- Clean up your home’s exterior. When it comes to attracting buyers, few things matter quite as much as curb appeal. Clean out your gutters, pressure wash your driveway, and consider touching up your home’s exterior paint to help draw in serious buyers.
- Fix outstanding plumbing issues. Though that stubborn sink drain or perpetually-clogged garbage disposal might not seem like a big deal to you, little hassles like these can turn off potential buyers. Clear up any outstanding plumbing and HVAC issues before you start showing your home. After all, no one wants to buy a home and then have to call for emergency water heater repair in Collegeville, PA, a week later!
- Declutter and organize your home. If your home is cluttered and full of junk, buyers may believe that your house doesn’t have enough storage space. Decluttering and getting rid of clothing, toys, and appliances that you no longer use will help buyers fully appreciate your space.
- Tone down your personal style. When buyers are shopping for a home, they want to be able to envision themselves and their family living in your space. Though you might love your neon pink living room’s paint, switching over to a more universally-appealing color will help you attract more buyers.
- Repaint your door. The front door is one of the first things that your buyer will see, so make sure you spruce up the paint on your door to make potential buyers feel welcome.
Drainmen Plumbing doesn’t only provide urgent plumbing assistance and emergency water heater repair in Phoenixville, PA; their team is also proud to provide scheduled non-emergency services like drain cleaning and septic services. If you need to clear up a plumbing issue before you put your home up for sale this spring, give Drainmen Plumbing a call today at 484-685-3336 for more information or to schedule an appointment.